6 Minutes of his best… enjoy! After watching, here’s 9
Most countries have pretty normal exports: oil, food, clothing. But some have found that they can make money off of…weirder things. Check out these bizarre exports.
1. Canada has a number of weird exports, including binoculars (to Bahrain), fertilized chicken eggs to Croatia (not chickens, just eggs), bovine semen to Iran, and estrogen and progestogen to Ireland.
2. It’s not unheard of for countries to export monkey chow, which is exactly what it sounds like: a formulated diet for non human primates.
3. Drugs aren’t a wholly uncommon import, but some of them seem…outdated. For example opium is still exported from India to the U.S. on a regular basis.
4. Hong Kong is a manufacturing capital, but on top of electronics and toys they also have some weirder exports including bacon flavored jellybeans, pickle mints, emergency underwear, and folding sporks.
5. In order to become a doctor, most students need to work on actual human bodies, but do you know where those cadavers come from? They’re a huge export from the Caribbean.
6. Brazil is another oddity, exporting cattle semen, human hair, tortoise shells, dried ox penis, lightning rods, and badminton equipment.
7. One of Liechtenstein’s big exports is false teeth, and it exports more than any other country in the world. Dental products are actually a huge part of the Liechtensteinian economy.
8. Although rarely exported for use, San Marino does export a large number of postage stamps, primarily to collectors. How large? 10% of their economy.
9. In what might be a look at the future of more countries, Lesotho’s big export is actually fresh water. It’s one of the few places in southern Africa that has much fresh water, which means that it’s the source of water for most of South Africa.