Just because you’re a famous actor, it doesn’t mean that
Angelina Jolie is one of the biggest earners in Hollywood today, not just in her movies but as one half of Brangelina. She’s also one of the most interesting and philanthropic celebs, which means we have tons of amazing facts about Ms. Jolie.
1. Despite the fact that Angelina and Brad aren’t married yet, she does have an engagement ring from Mr. Pitt. And it’s one he designed himself that took a full year to create especially for his lady love.
2. As a teen, Jolie attended Lee Stasberg Theater Institute for two years but dropped out because she wanted to be an undertaker. She studied embalming instead.
3. Jolie has been married twice before. For her first wedding to Jonny Lee Miller she wore leather pants and wrote Jonny’s name on her shirt in her own blood.
4. Her second husband was Billy Bob Thornton, and as a sign of their love they each wore the other’s blood in a vial around their neck.
5. Despite her iconic look as a brunette, Jolie is actually a blond. She’s kept her hair brown since her mother dyed it when she was only about five.
6. She has confessed to having a huge crush on Spock from Star Trek.
7. Although she manages to look flawless in all her movies, Jolie isn’t afraid of getting dirty. She does many of her own stunts. As Lara Croft she did about 80% of them.
8. Despite being a regular in the tabloids, Jolie doesn’t have a publicist or any kind of PR team except for herself. She does all her own PR.
9. In 1998 she had an open relationship with another woman, Jenny Shimizu.
10. Brad and Angelina have stated that they will only get married once gay marriage is legal throughout all 50 states.
11. Although born and raised in America, Jolie is actually a citizen of multiple continents. She has been granted an honorary Cambodian citizenship thanks to her conservation work there, and gained citizenship in Sarajevo thanks to her directing work about the Bosnian war.
12. In addition to being an actress and a humanitarian, Jolie is also a licensed pilot and owns her own aircraft.