Usually when people think of soundtracks, it is Hans Zimmer,
Everyone knows that the king had some amazing hips and that he exploded the world of rock’n’roll, but do you know what his favorite food was? What about how he met his wife? Read on to get the deets on Elvis.
1. Over the course of his career Elvis recorded 15 songs that had the word blue in the title.
2. Elvis’ favorite sandwich and possibly his favorite food was peanut butter, bacon, banana, and honey. Some restaurants still call the sandwich The Elvis.
3. In 1974 Elvis had a contractual obligation to release an album, but instead of recording songs he just released snippets of stage banter between songs.
4. Elvis didn’t actually have black hair. He died his brown hair dark to look more edgy.
5. The first guitar Elvis got wasn’t really what he wanted. He wanted a rifle and his mom convinced him a guitar was a better choice.
6. When he was only 12, he had a chance to sing on the air during a local radio show but he was too scared.
7. 6 years later, Elvis paid only $4 to record his first album for his mother.
8. The first time Elvis auditioned for a singing group (a gospel quartet called The Songfellows) he was rejected.
9. In 1970 Elvis met with President Nixon, and during the visit he read out loud a six page long letter. He said that he wanted to work in the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs, and slammed the Beatles for taking drugs.
10. When it came to religion, Elvis wasn’t picky. He wore a cross, a Hebrew letter, and a star of David, saying “I don’t want to miss out on heaven due to a technicality.”
11. Not only was he the king, he was also a black belt in karate.
12. Through his whole career Elvis only played 5 concerts outside of the U.S. on a single 3 day tour of Canada.
13. After he was a rising star, Elvis was drafted and earned a mere $78 per month. Meanwhile his music was earning huge amounts of money he couldn’t access.
14. Elvis met Priscilla, his future wife, in Germany while he was serving in the army. When they met she was only 14 years old, but 8 years later they married.
Now read about Elvis’ Memphis Mafia.