Christopher Meloni turns 54 years old this week. He’s best
With news of the new Full House reboot filling the air it’s a perfect time to revisit one of our favorite childhood shows. It wasn’t just a full house in show: the cast was chock full of celebs and interesting facts. Check it out!
1. Although many people think Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are identical twins, they’re actually fraternal and if you look carefully you can tell which twin is acting in a given scene. Mary-Kate is left-handed and Ashley is right, while Ashley also has a little freckle over her lip.
2. The original premise for the show was a group of comics all living together, but the creator modified it to please the network.
3. John Stamos refuses to watch Full House. He says he hasn’t seen a full episode in over 20 years and whenever it comes on he changes the channel because he hates his hair so much.
4. Uncle Jesse was originally set to be named Uncle Adam and the name was only changed just before the pilot. His last name also changed from Cochran to Katsopolis after the first season thanks to Stamos’ Greek heritage.
5. It’s well known that the Olsen twins switched off playing Michelle, but less well known is the fact that they only showed up in the same scene four times over the course of the eight seasons of the show. One of those scenes was the finale.
6. Supposedly the only reason the twins got their role is because they were the only babies who didn’t cry at casting. At times during filming they would wear fake teeth to keep them looking identical while they lost and grew teeth.
7. Becky was originally slated to only appear in six episodes, but because audiences and producers loved the dynamic between the girls and the mother figure they kept her around.
8. DJ’s boyfriend Steve was also the voice of Aladdin.
9. Despite the fact that the show is iconically set in San Francisco, there is only one episode that was taped there.
10. Bob Saget is well known for having incredibly raunchy stand-up routines and often using horrible language. It wasn’t uncommon for the other actors to catch him making inappropriate jokes on set, forgetting there were kids around.
11. The Olsen twins’ mother almost pulled them from the show after season 1 because she wanted them to have a normal childhood. Producers upped their salary in a big way, and the rest is history.
12. Of all the main characters, D.J. is the only one who doesn’t appear in every episode. She missed Subterranean Graduation Blues.