You’ll find plenty of Roman ruins in Rome, Italy, but
1. There is fine of $25 for flirting. Second violators are condemned to wearing horse blinders on the street.
2. One can walk around with an ice cream cone in their pocket but only on Sundays.
3. It is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalk but only during concerts.
4. Citizens may not say hello by “putting one’s thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers”.
5. Slippers cannot be worn after 10:00 PM.
6. Women are not permitted to wear “body hugging clothing” on the street.
7. It is illegal to throw a ball at someone’s head for fun.
8. One must speak to no one and fold their hands while looking toward the door while riding an elevator.
9. The selling of raw hamburger is illegal.
10. It is illegal for more than three unrelated people to live together.
11. Beekeeping is perfectly legal in your apartment.
12. Urinating on pigeons is illegal.
13. In Carmel, New York, it is illegal for men to mismatch their pants and jacket.
14. It is illegal to dye pet rabbits.
15. Selling hamburger meat with more than 30% fat is illegal.
16. It is perfectly legal to keep live cattle in your backyard as long as they are fenced off.
17. It is illegal to have a puppet show in your window.
18. Donkeys may not sleep in bathtubs.