While it seems that most celebrities were always famous, sometimes
You may have been seeing the name Amy Schumer pop up online in recent months. The comedic actress has become a hot commodity lately, whether its steeling the show in the trailer for the upcoming Judd Apatow movie Trainwreck, or crawling under Kim and Kanye at an awards show, but Amy Schumer has been around for a few years. She has popped up on a number of shows, so odds are you have seen her somewhere. But she is about to get pretty big in Hollywood.
Here are some things to know about Schumer, some personal quotes, and where you may have seen her before…
YOU MAY HAVE SEEN HER IN…
One-time appearances in – Curb Your Enthusiasm, Louie, and Girls…
She has a show on Comedy Central now called Inside Amy Schumer…
You can see her next in Judd Apatow’s Trainwreck, which is gathering solid reviews. Here is the Red-Band trailer, which is NOT SAFE FOR WORK:
1. Schumer is a native of Long Island and currently lives in Brooklyn. She began as a stand-up comedienne.
2. Her father is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent. Her mother’s ancestry includes English and German, as well as some Scottish and Welsh.
3. One of her closest friends is, oddly enough, Oscar-winning actress Tilda Swinton.
4. Her godmother is Judith Light from Who’s The Boss?
– “My comedy is unapologetic and fearless. Like, sometimes you’ll wind up having condomless sex with someone that you probably shouldn’t. I’m interested in sharing that part of myself unapologetically so that other people will hopefully feel better.”
– “To be really great, you need to be naturally funny in order to stand out. But you can work at it, and find the best vehicle that you have to communicate what you’re saying to people.”
– “I’ve always been really dark, and drawn to darker humor. Nothing has been forced, and I don’t say anything for shock value.”
– “I feel very comfortable in my own skin. When someone makes jokes about me being heavy, it makes me mad. It’s not true. I’m right where I should be.”