Rice is one of the most widely consumed foods in
Everyone has eaten at McDonald’s at one point in their lives. After all, McDonald’s is the most popular fast food restaurants in the world. Here are 12 things you didn’t know about McDonald’s.
- #1 Toy Distributor. Because of their Happy Meals, McDonald’s is actually the #1 toy distributor in the world.
- Vermont. McDonald’s makes over $28 billion in revenue a year, which makes them more profitable than the state of Vermont.
- Workers. 1 in 8 people have worked for McDonald’s at one time in their lives.
- 14.5 Hours. Every 14.5 hours a new McDonald’s opens somewhere in the world.
- Hot Dogs. The original McDonald’s menu didn’t include hamburger, but rather hot dogs.
- 75. The McDonald’s Corporation makes $75 million a day. Also, McDonald’s sells 75 hamburgers in just one second.
- No Fries. The original menu also didn’t include french fries.
- 119. There are McDonald’s restaurants in 119 countries from all over the world, but 40% of them are in the United States.
- Queen Elizabeth II. The Queen of England owns a McDonald’s in Slough, England.
- Playgrounds. McDonald’s operates more playgrounds in the world than any other company or organization.
- Subway. While McDonald’s is the most profitable fast food restaurant in the world, it doesn’t operate the most stores and locations. That honor belongs to Subway, which has about 40,000 locations compared to McDonald’s 35,000.
- 19. Believe it or not, McDonald’s french fries includes 19 ingredients, which include Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk Derivatives]*, Citric Acid [Preservative]), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color), Salt. Prepared in Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil) with TBHQ and Citric Acid to preserve freshness of the oil and Dimethylpolysiloxane (to reduce oil splatter when cooking). And you thought french fries were just potatoes and cooking oil.