It’s hard to believe that baseball is old enough to
Floyd Mayweather won his match of the century against Manny Pacquiao and is the undisputed current champ of boxing. There’s a lot more to him than just boxing. He’s wealthy, wacky, and wild.
1. Mayweather is actually the highest paid athlete in the world for the past two years running. He typically keeps multiple thousands of dollars on his person at all times.
2. He spent time on Dancing with the Stars but was eliminated for his paso doble.
3. He hasn’t lost a match since the 1996 Olympic semifinals against Serafim Todorov from Bulgaria.
4. Thanks to his extreme wealth, Mayweather has some odd habits, including buying a second private jet for his bodyguards because he thinks their extra weight might disrupt his plane in some fashion.
5. He also likes to get regular mani/pedis with his friend Justin Beiber.
6. Another odd habit of Mayweather’s crops up when he goes out to eat. He always orders a cup of warm water and soaks his silverware in it until the food arrives.
7. Mayweather owns quite a few fancy cars, which in and of itself isn’t too exciting, but the fact that he color codes them by which city they’re in is a little more unique.
8. Although he has quite the life now, as a child it wasn’t so great. He does come from a line of boxers: his father and two uncles were both professionals, but his dad rarely saw him as a kid and his mother was an addict.
9. None of Mayweather’s matches have been outside of Las Vegas since 2005.
10. Mayweather has four bodyguards, each over 7 feet tall. Together they’re called The Great Wall, and wear shirts that say TMT for The Money Team.
11. Supposedly, he refuses to wear the same pair of underwear twice.
12. There are multiple incidents in which Mayweather has assaulted women, and he’s had to serve jail time, perform community service, and pay fines.