In some communes the aim of peace and love ruled,
With Donald Trump’s latest bid for presidency, the media is aflutter with talk of the billionaire. If you don’t know your Trump history, now’s the time to catch up.
1. Despite being known for his money sense, Trump has actually been on the verge of bankruptcy and has filed for business bankruptcy multiple times. In 1990 he had $3.5 billion in business debt and $900 million of personal debt.
2. Trump Towers was the tallest residential building in the world at 90 stories high until the 21st Century Tower was built in Dubai.
3. Although he’s a well known womanizer, Trump never drinks alcohol.
4. When he was a young teenager, Trump got sent to military school because he was getting into too much trouble.
5. In one interview Trump claimed he had never used an ATM.
6. Not known as an actor, Trump did win a Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor for playing himself in Ghosts Can’t Do It.
7. According to Time Magazine, Trump would read federal foreclosure listings in college for fun.
8. This is his fifth time considering a presidential run. He’s also considered governor of New York twice.
9. Trump is in two halls of fame: WWE and Gaming.
10. After buying Eastern Air Lines in 1988, Trump decided to make them a luxury airline by adding maple flooring, chrome seat belts, and gold plated toilets. The plan failed spectacularly, and the banks that had loaned Trump money for the purchase repossessed the planes only to find that they were worth almost nothing.
11. Trump has sued and threatened multiple news outlets when they have not reported his net worth as high enough. In 2011 Forbes valued him at 200 million, but he claims it’s about 15 times that much.
12. After Trump decided that he disliked the way a house next to one of his golf courses looked, he fenced it off to keep it from spoiling his view. He then sent the owners a $4000 bill for the work.
13. He has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
14. He has owned the Miss Universe organization for almost 20 years.