In a world dominated by gossip and Hollywood it’s always
Although the movie doesn’t come out for another 11 months, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is one of the most anticipated movies of 2016. Here are 9 things you should know about the movie before it’s released.
- In Development Since 2001. The movie has been long in development since 2001. There were a number of Superman movies in development during the early 2000s that involved a showdown between Batman and Superman. Directors McG, J.J. Abrams, and Wolfgang Petersen were at one time attached, but everything fell apart until 2013 when Warner Bros made the product official.
- The Dark Knight Returns. Batman and Superman fought each other in Frank Miller’s graphic novel “The Dark Knight Returns.” Bruce Wayne retired from Batman and Superman was President Nixon’s henchman.
- I Am Legend. There’s a nod to Batman v Superman in the movie I Am Legend. The logo appears on a billboard in the post-apocalyptic film.
- Ben Affleck. Batman is the third superhero Ben Affleck has played. He played the actor George Reeves (who played Superman on TV in the 50s) in the movie Hollywoodland. He also played Daredevil in the 2003 movie.
- Wonder Woman. This is the first big screen movie that will feature Wonder Woman, who is the third biggest superhero in the DC Universe behind Batman and Superman.
- Chris Terrio. The Academy Award winning screenwriter co-wrote the screenplay with David S. Goyer. Terrio won an Oscar for writing Argo, which also starred Ben Affleck.
- Expensive Batsuit. Both the Superman costume and the Batsuit are really, really expensive. It is reported that the Batsuit, alone, cost upwards of $100,000.
- $5 Million Fine. Every extra on set during the movie had to sign a contract with the movie studio. If you were responsible for a leaked photo or video, Warner Bros. would fine you $5 million. Now that’s an expensive Instagram photo.
- Release Date. The release date for the movie has been pushed back three times. It was originally supposed to come out on July 17, 2015, but was delayed for production reasons. It moved to May 6, 2016, but moved again because Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War would come out on the same date. The movie moved again to its current release date of March 25, 2016. This is the earliest release date for a big summer superhero movie. Hopefully it doesn’t move again.