1. Terminator 1 & 2 “I’ll be back.” 2. Back
Peter Dinklage has been in Hollywood for years now, but his role as Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones has shot him into the stratosphere of beloved actors all around fanboy nation. Dinklage is an interesting person beyond his searing performance in the HBO show, and here are 9 things about him you may not have known…
1. On his life as a dwarf: “When I was younger, definitely, I let it get to me. As an adolescent, I was bitter and angry and I definitely put up these walls. But the older you get, you realize you just have to have a sense of humor. You just know that it’s not your problem. It’s theirs.”
2. Dinklage is a staunch vegetarian, and any time he has to eat meat for a role it is a tofu-based product.
3. New York Times Magazine named Dinklage and his performance as Tyrion Lannister one of the 8 “performances that helped turned television into an art.”
4. Even while Dinklage was struggling as an actor, he turned down countless roles as elves or leprechauns, etc, anything he said would make him feel “dirty.”
5. One of Peter’s best friends is Steve Buscemi. The two have been close since they met in 1995.
6. Dinklage has a punk band named Whizzy, and he got the scar on his face from an accident on stage while he was performing with the band at CBGB.
7. He doesn’t own a comb or a brush, and never uses one on his hair.
8. He used to be Bruce Springstein’s neighbor when he was younger. Bruce used to stop by and play guitar at the Dinklage household.
9. In his acceptance speech for the Golden Globe, Dinklage called attention to the plight of Martin Henderson, a dwarf who was crippled after being attacked by a rugby player outside a bar.