While some actors are perfect for certain parts, their body
Julianne Moore is one of the finest actresses in Hollywood today. This year, she may finally break through and win her first Academy Award for her role in Still Alice (she has been nominated 4 times previously). Here are a few things you may not have known about Moore…
1. In 2007, Moore published her first children’s book, Freckleface Strawberry.
2. Despite not taking home a coveted Oscar yet, Moore has won an astounding 45 awards from other ceremonies throughout her career. Where does one put that many awards?
3. Moore got a late start with most things in her life. She didn’t learn to drive until she was 27, she didn’t have her first acting role until she was 30. She didn’t start her family until she hit 37.
4. Jodie Foster turned down the chance to reprise her Oscar-winning role as Clarice Starling in Hannibal, the sequel to Silence of the Lambs. Moore was given the part, but beat out actresses like Helen Hunt, Gillian Anderson, and Cate Blanchett for the role.
5. Her father was a lawyer in the United States Army, and the family moved 23 times before she turned 18. She went to nine different schools.
6. Moore is a staunch pro-choice advocate, an active member of Planned Parenthood, and an outspoken liberal. She openly supported Barack Obama in both campaigns.
7. She is one of only ten actresses to receive both a supporting and lead actress nomination in the same year, for her roles in The Hours and Far From Heaven, respectively. Other members of this elite club include Jessica Lange, Al Pacino, Sigourney Weaver, Emma Thompson, Holly Hunter, Cate Blanchett and Jamie Foxx.
8. Moore reads literally every script she receives. That has to be a lot.
9. She had a funny thing to say about sex scenes in film: “You never have sex the way people do in the movies. You don’t do it on the floor, you don’t do it standing up, you don’t always have all your clothes off, you don’t happen to have on all the sexy lingerie. You know, if anybody ever ripped my clothes, I’d kill them.”