It’s been over 15 years since we all came to
Movie remakes in Hollywood are commonplace, but sometimes the same actors are cast in the original movie and its remake. Here are 9 movie remakes that feature the same actors.
- Death at a Funeral. Peter Dinklage plays the character Frank in the 2007 original and the 2010 American versions of Death at a Funeral.
- Cape Fear. Robert Mitchum and Gregory Peck appear in both versions of Cape Fear. They play different characters from the 1962 version to the 1991, but Martin Scorsese wanted to pay homage to the classic by including the original cast.
- Planet of the Apes. Charlton Heston stars as the main character Taylor in the original Planet of the Apes. Tim Burton wanted to pay homage to the original, so he cast Heston as Zaius, a dying elder ape in the remake in 2001.
- Vanilla Sky. Penélope Cruz plays the same character in the Spanish original Abre los Ojos in 1997 and the American remake Vanilla Sky in 2001.
- Intermezzo. Ingrid Bergman plays the same character in the Swedish original in 1936 and the American remake Intermezzo: A Love Story in 1939.
- My Father the Hero. Gérard Depardieu plays the same character in the original French film Mon père, ce héros in 1991 and the American remake My Father The Hero in 1994.
- Sleuth. Michael Caine played the younger character Milo Tindle in the original version of Sleuth in 1972, while in 2007, he played the older character Andrew Wyke. Jude Law played Milo Tindle in the remake.
- Mogambo. Clark Gable plays the same character in the movie Red Dust in 1932, as he did in the remake Mogambo in 1953.
- Thunderball. Sean Connery plays James Bond in Thunderball in 1965 and the remake Never Say Never Again in 1983.