Tennessee Williams’ A Streetcar Named Desire was made legendary by
Buffy the Vampire Slayer was one of the defining shows of the 90s and early 00s. For some Millennials, it’s a classic teenage touchstone. Sure, you might be able to quote every episode, and you probably remember some of Buffy’s most hideous outfits, but here are a few things you might not know about Buffy.
1. David Boreanaz (Angel) was hired because a friend of the casting director saw him walking his dog and decided that he fit the bill of mysterious, handsome, and fantastic.
2. Willow’s outfit in the pilot episode was deemed “too nerdy” by the network, and her subsequent costumes were not quite as nerdy.
3. Nicholas Brendan started getting too buff for his character and producers told him to stop working out as Xander wouldn’t be so muscley.
4. The only two actors to appear in all 144 episodes were Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy) and Alyson Hannigan (Willow).
5. In the season 6 episode Seeing Red, Spike attempts to rape Buffy. James Marsters (Spike) has said since that he will never do another rape scene as it was one of the hardest things he has ever done.
6. The season 3 finale, Graduation Day, involved the school being blown up and had to be delayed and rewritten due to the events at Columbine High School.
7. After the unaired pilot, Willow was recast as Alyson Hannigan.
8. David Boreanaz and Sarah Michelle Geller would work to gross each other out in kissing scenes by eating disgusting and smelly foods beforehand.
9. Eliza Dushku (Faith) didn’t do any nude scenes due to her Mormon upbringing.