While Popeyes Chicken isn’t the #1 fast food chicken chain,
Sometimes the myths we know about food and eating are completely wrong. Here are 9 examples.
- Pop Rocks and Soda. The myth is if you eat Pop Rocks and drink a Coke afterwards, you’ll stomach will explode. This is simply not the case. Instead, it will make you burp.
- Eggs are Bad for Your Heart. Eggs contain cholesterol, but they also contain vitamins, protein, and other healthy and good things for you. It’s actually good for you!
- Gluten-Free is Good For You. Only less than 1% of the population suffers from a gluten allergy.
- The 5-Second Rule. Once you drop your food, it can actually take a millisecond for bacteria to contaminate it. A good rule of thumb is, if you drop your food on the floor, just throw it out.
- Chinese Food with MSG Will Make You Sick. MSG is actually safe for most people, but if you eat a lot of it on an empty subject then you’re most likely going to be sick from it. But I think you’ll just be sick from eating just about anything in big quantities on an empty stomach.
- It takes 7 Years to Digest Gum. It’s a myth that it takes 7 years to digest gum. It will simply pass through your body as normal. However, your body won’t actually digest it.
- Waiting an Hour Before Swimming. There is not a single documented report of someone getting a cramp while swimming after eating a meal. It’s just a myth.
- Turkey Makes You Sleepy. The myth is that turkey contains more tryptophan than any other meat. The fact is that it actually contains less. So why are you sleepy after eating a Thanksgiving meal? It has more to do with the amount of carbs and alcohol you eat than turkey (tryptophan).
- Oysters Are an Aphrodisiac. It is said that the real Casanova ate 50 oysters every morning, which is why it’s believed the food is connected to sex. In reality, no study has proven that oysters increase your sex drive.