The Munchkin’s wild hotel-trashing parties shocked MGM, their fellow actors
Yesterday, the news that Marvel and Sony have come to an agreement to share Spider-Man has set the Internet world on fire. Spider-Man will join the Marvel Cinematic Universe and will most likely appear in Captain America 3: Civil War and The Avengers: Infinity Wars. With the news, the movie studios will have to re-cast the superhero again after Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire played the character over the last 13 years. Now with a new version of Spidey, here are 9 actors who could take up the role.
- Andrew Garfield. Andrew Garfield wasn’t the problem with The Amazing Spider-Man film franchise. He was actually the best part of the new series. However, it seems like Marvel and Sony want to get as far away from The Amazing Spider-Man, so they’re likely going to re-cast. We have a perfectly good Peter Parker/Spider-Man, but the movie studios want yet another clean slate.
- Dylan O’Brien. He’s one of the names being thrown around for the new Spider-Man. Sony and Marvel are looking to make Spidey a high school student or slightly older. Dylan O’Brien appeared in The Maze Runner this past September, while he also the co-star on MTV’s Teen Wolf.
- Keith Stanfield. If Marvel and Sony decide to go with Miles Morales as Spider-Man this go around, Keith Stanfield should make a good Spidey. He made his debut in the indie film Short Term 12 in 2013.
- Logan Lerman. He’s also one of the two names being thrown around to play Spider-Man. He was last seen in the World War II movie Fury this past September. He was also in Perks of Being a Wallflower.
- Josh Hutcherson. You might know him as Peeta Mellark from the Hunger Games series. He’s only 22, so he’d made a good Peter Parker, if Sony and Marvel are looking for a more squirrelly guy.
- Anton Yelchin. He’s best known as Chekov from the Star Trek reboot series. He’s the right age and build for a new Spider-Man.
- Taron Egerton. He will appear in the new Kingsman: The Secret Service, if that movie’s a hit, then his name could be thrown into the conversation as the new Peter Parker.
- Donald Glover. Donald Glover was campaigning to play Spider-Man before Sony cast Andrew Garfield for The Amazing Spider-Man
film franchise in 2011. He’d be a really good pick if the movie studios want to go with Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker.
- Asa Butterfield. He played Ender in the Ender’s Game movie. If Sony and Marvel wants to go really Emo with Peter Parker, then Asa Butterfield would be the best fit.
Bonus: Tobey Maguire should play the new Uncle Ben in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.