This curious phenomenon is seen just twice a year at
From Andy Dwyer to the biggest box-office draw in Hollywood, Chris Pratt’s rise to superstardom seemed to happen overnight. After Guardians of The Galaxy and this week’s Jurassic World, Pratt can write his own ticket in the industry. He also has the ability to show off dramatic chops, as he did in Moneyball. Here are 8 things about Chris Pratt you may not have known…
1. Chris and his wife, Anna Faris, seem destined for each other. Both are from the Pacific Northwest, both have been lifelong Seahawks fans, and both had a dead bug collection they have since combined.
2. Chris worked at Bubba Gumps Restaurant in Hawaii when he met Rae Dawn Chong of Commando fame, who helped him get his start acting.
3. He is fluent in German, which he learned at school.
4. Before getting some traction as the goofball Andy Dwyer on Parks and Recreation, Pratt starred in popular television shows like The O.C. and Everwood.
5. One of Pratt’s earliest jobs, even before working at Bubba Gump, was selling coupons door to door. In what was clearly a pyramid scheme, Pratt excelled at the coupon sales thanks to his undeniable charm as a salesman.
6. On meeting Philip Seymour Hoffman on the set of Moneyball: “Phil was really nice, really nice. Asked a lot of questions, really wanted to get to know me. The way that a really good person will, if you’re getting to know somebody. The guy is really f**king cool. I don’t know if that’s because Art Howe was a really hands-on manager, or if Philip was a really nice guy, but he couldn’t have been nicer. He was interested, he met my family, remembered things about me. The kind of stuff that doesn’t normally happen with huge actors. He was really great, it was kind of a dream come true.”
7. Pratt was Mr. Popular in high school. He played football, ran track, and wrestled for his school, and he delivered their graduation speech.
8. He admits to being a lousy babysitter. In an interview, Pratt told Jimmy Kimmel that he remembers waking up on the couch while he was babysitting two young children and the little girl had put her little brother in an oven.