The Wachowski Brothers took the cinema world by storm in
While actors appear to have on-screen chemistry, sometimes the actors just hate each other, but bare being around them for the movie’s sake. Here are 8 on-screen movie couples who hated each other in real life.
1. Patrick Swayze & Jennifer Grey. Believe it or not, Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey didn’t get along while making Dirty Dancing. Swayze found Grey to be irritating and childish, while there was visible friction between the on-screen couple between takes. “She’d slip into silly moods, forcing us to do scenes over and over,” Patrick Swayze later wrote in his memoir. “We did have a few moments of friction… she seemed particularly emotional, sometimes bursting into tears if someone criticised her.” However, after production and with time, they later became close friends.
2. Leonardo DiCaprio & Claire Danes. Claire Danes hated Leonardo DiCaprio while making Romeo+Juliet in 1996. She was annoyed with his pranks and childish attitude during production, while he found her to be equally annoying and uptight. It was reported that the pair would only talk to each other while the cameras were rolling.
3. Pierce Brosnan & Teri Hatcher. While making Tomorrow Never Dies, Pierce Brosnan didn’t get along with Teri Hatcher while making the movie. Apparently, Hatcher was pregnant at the time and had morning sickness throughout production, but kept it a secret from the cast and crew. “I got very upset with her,” Brosnan later admitted. “She was always keeping me waiting for hours. I must admit I let slip a few words which weren’t very nice.”
4. Nick Nolte & Julia Roberts. While making I Love Trouble during the mid-1990s, Nick Nolte and Julia Roberts didn’t get along to the point where they stopped shooting scenes together. Much of their performance was possible with the help of off-camera actors. Apparently, Roberts found him disgusting, while Nolte found her an unpleasant person to be around.
5. Shannen Doherty & Jason Lee. Shannen Doherty found Jason Lee unpleasant to work with while making the movie Mallrats in 1995.
6. William Baldwin & Sharon Stone. During making Silver in 1993, Sharon Stone was openly cruel to William Baldwin while making the movie. There were reports that Stone bit Baldwin’s tongue during one of their kissing scenes.
7. Dakota Johnson & Jamie Dornan. It is believed that Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan didn’t get along while making Fifty Shades of Grey. It seems that they are both embarrassed with the source material and movie production. If you watch the film, you can tell they don’t have any on-screen chemistry. During the movie’s press tour, the pair were visibly annoyed with each other.
8. Ryan Gosling & Rachel McAdams. Believe it or not, Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams hated each other while making The Notebook. Director Nick Cassavetes admitted to VH1 that Gosling demanded that McAdams be replaced. “And Ryan came to me, and there’s 150 people standing in this big scene, and he says, ‘Nick come here.’ And he’s doing a scene with Rachel and he says, ‘Would you take her out of here and bring in another actress to read off camera with me?’ I said, ‘What?’ He says, ‘I can’t. I can’t do it with her. I’m just not getting anything from this.’” However, their intense hatred for each other grew into passion because they dated for three years after they finished production.