Are you hyperventilating about the new Star Wars trailer yet? If not, go and watch it again (or three, four, five more times)--I'll wait. When you're done, check out some of the actors you may have completely forgotten were in some incarnation of the Galaxy Far Far Away, either because their role was just that small, they weren't really famous at the time they did it, or because you've blanked the prequels from your memory.
Since its release, the life action version of Disney’s Cinderella is doing incredibly well at the box-office. But here are a few things you might not have known from the original animated film.
1. Cinderella is the oldest Disney princess
In the movie, Cinderella is 19 years old, making her the oldest princess followed by Tiana of Princess and the Frog.
2. Cinderella is the first non-royal blood princess
Cinderella paved the way for other characters such as Belle and Mulan to be princesses without actually being royal.
3. Cinderella’s shoe size is 4 1/2
Cinderella’s shoe size is mentioned in the film Cinderella III: A Twist in Time. Her small foot is also met to symbolize how delicate she is as a person.
4. One of the scenes from the movie is Walt Disney’s favorite animation ever
Walt Disney loves the iconic scene where the Fairy Godmother transforms Cinderella’s torn dress into a gown.
5. Cinderella has a connection with two other Disney animations
Cinderella’s live-action model, Helene Stanley, also modeled for Princess Aurora in Sleeping Beauty and Anita in 101 Dalmatians.
6. The evil stepmother plays another iconic Disney villain
Another connection with Sleeping Beauty is that Eleanor Audley, the voice of Lady Tremaine was also the voice of Maleficent.
7. Cinderella originated from the French story
That’s why you can find Cinderella’s topiary in the France section of the park at Epcot.
8. Cinderella was the first love duet
Cinderella was the first Disney princess to sing with her love interest.