Every four years the whole world comes together for a
Sometimes NBA superstars feel that they still have something in the tank, so they go overseas and continue to play basketball after retiring from the NBA. Here are 8 famous NBA basketball players who played overseas.
1. Stephon Marbury. After 13 years in the NBA and two appearances in the NBA All-Star Game, Stephon Marbury went to play basketball in China. He won two championships for the Beijing Ducks in 2012 and 2014.
2. Gilbert Arenas. He left the NBA in 2012 to play in China after 11 years in the league. He played for the Shanghai Sharks until 2013 and now he’s a free agent (zero) floating around somewhere in China and the United States.
3. Jonny Flynn. After a promising career in the NBA, point guard Jonny Flynn went from playing for the Portland Trail Blazers to the Melbourne Tigers in Australia. He currently plays for Orlandina Basket in Italy.
4. Ricky Davis. After hopscotching around the NBA for 12 years, Ricky Davis is jumping around from country to country overseas now. He played in Turkey, China, and France, and now he’s in the NBA D-League playing for the Erie BayHawks.
5. Dee Brown. He was on the cover of Sports Illustrated when he was in college, and the Utah Jazz drafted him in the NBA. Dee Brown currently plays for the PBC Lukoil Academic in Bulgaria.
6. Allen Iverson. After an all-star career with the Philadelphia 76ers, Allen Iverson went from team to team in the NBA until he retired in 2010. Unfortunately, he went broke and played for the Beşiktaş in Turkey to make ends meet.
7. Scottie Pippen. After winning six NBA championships with the Chicago Bulls, Scottie Pippen played for the Torpan Pojat in Finland, before playing for Sundsvall Dragons in Sweden.
8. Dominique Wilkins. He had an all-star career with the Atlanta Hawks in the NBA before he had two stints in Europe, playing in Greece and Italy. Dominique Wilkins retired from basketball altogether with the Orlando Magic in 1999.