Sherlock’s nemesis Professor Moriarty actually only appears in person in
Madonna has had a career in the music industry for more than 30 years. In that time, she has worked with a lot of impressive directors to make some memorable music videos. Here are 8 famous directors who made music videos for Madonna.
- David Fincher. Before David Fincher started directing movies like Fight Club and Se7en, he was a commercial and music video director. The most famous music video he directed for Madonna was “Vogue” in 1992.
- Brett Ratner. He was an already established feature film director when he took on a music video for Madonna’s “Beautiful Stranger.” She performed the song for Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me in 1999, so the music video reflects the movie more than the song.
- Guy Ritchie. Madonna was married to Guy Ritchie at the time when he directed the music video for “What It Feels Like for a Girl.”
- Stéphane Sednaoui. While Stéphane Sednaoui isn’t a household name, he is one of the biggest and most famous photographers in the fashion industry, as well as in music videos. He directed the music video for “Fever” in 1993.
- Mark Romanek. Much like Stéphane Sednaoui, Mark Romanek is most known for his clout in the music video industry. He has made a few feature films such as One Hour Photo and Never Let Me Go, but he’s most known for directing music videos, including “Rain” for Madonna in 1993. He also won an MTV Video Music Award for “Rain.”
- Chris Cunningham. Chris Cunningham is a lot like Stéphane Sednaoui and Mark Romanek, as he’s most known for his music video work. He directed the music video for “Frozen” for Madonna in 1998.
- Jonas Åkerlund. He’s another director that’s most known for his music video and commercial work, but Jonas Åkerlund did make a feature film called Spun in 2003. He directed the music video “Ray of Light” for Madonna in 1998, as he won an MTV Video Music Award for Video of the Year.
- Luc Besson. He’s the master of genre-heavy movies from France such as Léon: The Professional and The Fifth Element, so it was almost shocking that he directed a music video for Madonna. Luc Besson directed “Love Profusion” in 2003.