The story of the white rhino is one of nature’s
American astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson is one of the smartest guys around. He makes science and technology cool again, which is the best thing that could’ve happen to knowledge in America. Here are 8 books that Neil deGrasse Tyson thinks everyone should read.
- “The Bible” “To learn that it’s easier to be told by others what to think and believe than it is to think for yourself.” Buy Now.
- “The System of the World” by Isaac Newton “To learn that the universe is a knowable place.” Buy Now.
- “On the Origins of Species” by Charles Darwin “To learn of our kinship with all other life on Earth.” Buy Now.
- “Gulliver’s Travels” by Jonathan Swift “To learn, among other satirical lessons, that most of the time humans are Yahoos.” Buy Now.
- “The Age of Reason” by Thomas Paine “To learn how the power of rational thought is the primary source of freedom in the world.” Buy Now.
- “The Wealth of Nations” by Adam Smith “To learn that capitalism is an economy of greed, a force of nature unto itself.” Buy Now.
- “The Art of War” by Sun Tzu “To learn that the act of killing fellow humans can be raised to an art.” Buy Now.
- “The Prince” by Niccolo Machiavelli “To learn that people not in power will do all they can to acquire it, and people in power will do all they can to keep it.” Buy Now.
How many of these books have you read?
Source: Reddit — Ask Me Anything