John Du Pont, the heir to the chemical fortune, is
Wine. What can I say about wine? It’s delicious, nutritious and good for the heart! Besides an array of sweet to dry tastes, wine is more than just a great tasting muscle relaxant. Here are some wonderful wine facts to unwind to.
1. You can bathe in wine! A unique spa containing real red wine located in Japan boasts a giant 3.6m tall wine bottle. They claim a wine bath is a revitalization treatment for the body., and it has been said that the Queen of Egypt, Cleopatra loved to bath in wine. There are regular performances of pouring real wine into the spa a few times a day.
2. There’s no need to buy a still for homemade wine. Just stuff a dead seagull into a bottle of water then leave in the sun to ferment for a while. In case you were wondering, it’s an Arctic thing, so that should explain it.
3. Dandelions provide 750% your recommended daily intake of Vitamin K. Making dandelion wine? Totally possible and a great way of getting your vitamins.
4. Waiter, There’s Coke In My Wine! In order to show their wealth, some Chinese pour them and their guests expensive wines and add Coke, Sprite, or lemonade to make it tastier.
5. Is Champagne the same as wine? Yes! Champagne is a type of wine that’s made from fermented Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunier grapes using the same cultivation process.
6. Grape juice mix was sold with a warning during prohibition stating: “After dissolving the brick in a gallon of water, do not place the liquid in a jug away in the cupboard for twenty days, because then it would turn into wine.”
7. From a meat marinade to a skin softener, wine has many underutilized uses. But, if you’re an earth loving eco-friendly kind of dude or dudette like Prince Charles, you can appreciate the fact that he uses it to power his vintage Aston Martin, which runs on biofuel made from surplus wine as a way to reduce his carbon emissions.