Shailene Woodley has been a rising star in recent years with
Marvel Studios is notorious for packing their movies with Easter Eggs that are big and small to tease out their future movies. It’s a smart way to build interest in newer movies, while fleshing out the world in current films. Here are 7 Easter Eggs throughout the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Adam Warlock (Thor: The Dark World). During the mid-credits sequence in Thor: The Dark World, we see Sif and Volstagg give The Collector the Red Infinity Stone. In the background, we see a large cocoon in a display case and it’s believed that Adam Warlock is one of The Collector’s items. Adam Warlock is a long-standing member of the Guardians of the Galaxy and he’s rumored to appear in the new sequel in 2017.
- Doctor Strange (Captain America: The Winter Soldier). While Captain America and Black Widow interrogate Agent Sitwell about HYDRA in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, he reveals the name Stephen Strange as one of the people out there that S.H.I.E.L.D. is keeping an eye on. Stephen Strange is also known as Doctor Strange, who will be played by Benedict Cumberbatch in an upcoming movie in 2017.
- Black Panther (Iron Man 2). At the very end of Iron Man 2, Nick Fury shares some information about other superheroes in the universe on a few holographic displays. On one of the displays, we see the fictional African nation Wakanda highlighted. Wakanda is the home country of Black Panther.
- Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S. – File 42 (The Avengers). At the beginning of The Avengers, we see Agent Coulson give Tony Stark blueprints for upcoming SHIELD projects and one of them is from Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S., which is also featured at the very beginning of the film, File 42. This is a reference to Marvel’s Civil War where its superheroes are divided on unmasking or not. Project 42 is an extra-dimensional prison for supervillains that Tony Stark develops. Hopefully, this little Easter egg will come to fruition in Captain America: Civil War in 2016.
- The Infinity Gauntlet (Thor). In Odin’s Collection Room in the first Thor movie, we see a brief glimpse of the Infinity Gauntlet.
- The Human Torch (Captain America: The First Avenger). In the first Captain America movie, Steve Rodgers and Bucky Barnes go to Howard Stark’s flying car demonstration. We see a very brief shot of the original Human Torch, an android created by Dr. Phineas T Horton. Also, Chris Evans, who currently plays Captain America, played the Human Torch/Johnny Storm in the first two Fantastic Four movies for Fox.
- Cosmo (Guardians of the Galaxy). When Star-Lord, Gamora, and Rocket Raccoon visit The Collector to give him the Purple Infinity Stone, we see the character of Cosmo as one of his display collections. Cosmo is a dog and security chief of Knowhere, a scientific station in the galaxy. Cosmo also re-appears during the final post-credit sequence at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy.