After the huge success of The Avengers, the sequel is
Unsurprisingly, most actors in Hollywood don’t do their own stunts. Why put yourself in harms way when there’s a willing stuntman or woman ready to leap from building to building or smash through a window? But sometimes, there are a few actors that are also willing to do their own stunts in movies. Here are 7 examples.
- Jackie Chan. Of course, Jackie Chan is synonyms with actors doing their own stunts. He practically broke every bone in his body while performing his own stunts. Jackie Chan was almost electrocuted during an impressive fall. He’s the master of cinematic stunts mixed with comedy!
- Donnie Yen. Much like Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen is an impressive actor who does all of his stunts. He’s also does much of his own fight choreography and directing. He even played the titular grandmaster in the movie Ip Man in 2008. Ip Man was the grandmaster of Wing Chun, a fast style of Kung-Fu
- Buster Keaton. Although he’s from the silent era, Buster Keaton’s movies are full death defying stunts that the actor/director performed himself. He even broke his neck once while performing a stunt that involved jumping from a platform to a water tower.
- Matt Damon. Matt Damon did a majority of his own stunts for the Bourne movies during the 2000s.
- Charlie Chaplin. Much like Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin did all of his own stunts in movies. He has a certain physically that proved for excellence films during the silent era.
- Angelina Jolie. Surprisingly, Angelina Jolie does a majority of her own stunts in her action movies like Salt, Wanted, and the Tomb Raider movies.
- Tom Cruise. I still think Tom Cruise is vastly underrated as an actor. While he has the chops to create a very believable character, Tom Cruise is one of the very few American actors who completely goes for it when it comes to stunt work. I mean, he scaled the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, which is the tallest building in the world, for Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol.