It’s neither the size, nor the big floppy ears, that
If you’re a lefty like me, you understand the perils of being the minority. Sure, we have Dan Aykroyd, Tim Allen, Robert DeNiro, Kermit the Frog, and Marilyn Monroe on our team, but living in a right-handed world is downright life threatening. Here are 6 Reasons Being Left-Handed Can Kill You.
1. Several studies have shown that lefties tend to have a lower immunity to disease, as well as a higher accident rate.
2. A survey of one-thousand recently deceased, illustrated a shocking realization. The average left-handed person died nine years earlier than their right-handed counterparts. Why? Some articles have noted that lefties often experience higher frequencies of depression, substance abuse, bed wetting, suicide/attempted suicide, low birth weight, sleeping disorders, and autoimmune diseases.
3. A generational gap between lefties and righties could also be to blame though. Many older people were forced to write right-handed even though they may have been naturally inclined to be left-handed.
4. Lefties just tend to have more accidents. One study surveyed nearly 2,000 college students and found that lefties report far more accidents than righties; especially car accidents. Another study of around 1,000 people living in Southern California showed that the risk of getting into a fatal accident was nearly six times higher for a leftie.
5. The general consensus is that lefties get into more accidents simply because they are trying to maneuver through a world that feels upside down and backward for them.
6. Left-handed people may make up only 10% of the population, but they comprise a full 20% of diagnosed schizophrenics. Left-handedness is also associated with dyslexia, ADD, and a plethora of other mood disorders.