1. Britney Spears – “I Love Rock n Roll” In
With Toy Story 4 projected to be released in 2017, here are some facts about the first three Toy Story movies that you may not have known:
1. Toy Story 3 is the only Toy Story film not to receive a 100% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It still however received a relatively high score of 99%.
2. The Pizza Planet delivery truck appeared in not only all three Toy Story films, but in every Pixar movie except the Incredibles. Lotso, Chuckles the Clown, and Big Baby all hitch a ride on the bumper of the truck during Toy Story 3.
3. It took the animators an average of four hours to make one frame of the movie. Just one second of the film would take nearly 120 hours to create.
4. In their most productive week during production, Pixar completed 3.5 minutes of animation.
5. The movie was originally supposed to be called “You Are A Toy.”
6. Buzz Lightyear’s original name was Lunar Larry.
7. Little Bo Peep was originally supposed to be a Barbie doll. Mattel originally didn’t want Barbie in the film because they thought the film might be a failure. When the film proved a huge success, Mattel allowed Barbie to appear in Toy Story 2.
8. Many of the books on the shelf in Andy’s room are names of Pixar’s short films and some of the book author’s are named after Pixar staff.
9. Toy Story 3 is the first animated movie to make over $1 billion at the box office worldwide. It’s the #5 highest grossing movie of all-time.
10. Toy Story was completed on a $30 million budget using a staff of 110. In comparison, The Lion King, released in 1994, required a budget of $45 million and a staff of 800.
11. The original Toy Story is the first fully computer-generated full-length feature film.
12. The carpet in Sid’s house is the same carpet from the Overlook Hotel in The Shining.
13. In Monster’s Inc., when Randall is training, one of his camouflage patterns is the wallpaper from Andy’s first bedroom.
14. The company that makes Etch A Sketch was almost bankrupt before Toy Story. After they allowed Etch to be in Toy Story, they had a 20-percent sales increase that saved the company.
15. Whenever Tom Hanks isn’t available to voice Woody, his brother Jim steps in. The voice you hear on shorts, video games, toy voices, and others may, in fact, be Jim Hanks.
16. Instead of creating the voices of the Little Green Men, the creators simply had the voice actors inhale helium before talking about “The Claaaawww.”
17. Not only did Billy Crystal turn down Toy Story, Jim Carrey was also considered for the role of Buzz Lightyear and turned it down.
18. Pizza Planet was first called Pizza Putt, and was both a pizza place a mini golf course.
19. To get a feel of how the army men would walk, the animators nailed a pair of shoes to a piece of wood and took turns hopping around in them.
20. Animators spent 15 hours just creating hardwood floor scratches.
21. The entire first half of Toy Story had to be reworked after it was pointed out that Woody was too sarcastic and unlikeable. They redid it in just three months.