1. Terminator 1 & 2 “I’ll be back.” 2. Back
Sadly, at the beginning of every month, a long list of movies and TV shows will leave Netflix Instant. While more movies and TV shows will appear during the new month, some old favorites will leave Netflix soon. Here are 15 Movies (and TV shows) on Netflix that you should watch now before they expire in February.
- Apocalypse Now. One of Francis Ford Coppola’s best films from his best decade of film production, the 70s. Apocalypse Now Redux is also leaving Netflix on February 1st. Now Available!
- Babes in Toyland. The classic Disney live-action film Babes in Toyland will also leave Netflix soon. I grew up watching this movie a lot. I haven’t seen in years though, so I guess I better watch it again before it leaves Netflix. Now Available!
- Batman Returns. Tim Burton’s Batman left Netflix last month and its sequel will leave this month. Netflix actually added Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, but I don’t think that will make up for the loss of Batman Returns. Now Available!
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. One of the best con-artist movies of all-time, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is also one of the funniest. I mean, it just has to be with Steve Martin and Michael Caine in co-starring roles. Now Available!
- Fawlty Towers (Seasons 1-2). Simply put, Fawlty Towers is the best TV sitcom of all-time. Not one of “the,” but rather the best, period. It’s the prototype of all modern sitcoms and it still holds up today as much as it did in the 70s. Now Available!
- From Russia With Love. A whole bunch of James Bond movies are leaving Netflix on February 1st. From Russia With Love is my favorite from the Sean Connery era. Now Available!
- Goldfinger. This James Bond movie is my second favorite from Sean Connery’s James Bond. Now Available!
- Live and Let Die. While my favorite James Bond movie from the Roger Moore era is The Spy Who Loved Me, Live and Let Die is a close runner up. It’s funny and ridiculous and the start of an interesting era in the James Bond film franchise. Now Available!
- Jane Eyre. While there are many iterations of Jane Eyre on Netflix, Cary Fukunaga’s adaptation is one of the more interesting and modern. Check it out before it leaves. Now Available!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie. The first TMNT movie is the best in the film franchise. It’s the darkest and the most fun out of all of the movies in the series. Now Available!
- Dredd. OK, Dredd was one of the best genre movies of 2012. It didn’t get its due when it was out in theaters, but it slowly gained a cult following when it was released on home video. It hit Netflix about a year ago and became one of the most watched movies on the streaming service. Watch it today! Now Available!
- Ali. While Michael Mann has a movie out in theaters today with Blackhat, his 2001 movie Ali is leaving Netflix in February. Will Smith was nominated for an Academy Award for his performance as the titular Muhammad Ali. Now Available!
- Zodiac. Arguably, Zodiac is David Fincher’s best film. It didn’t get the recognition it deserved in 2007, but slowly gained a following on home video. It’s a slow burn, but a highly rewarding watch. Now Available!
- Panic Room. Now Panic Room isn’t considered one of David Fincher’s best films, but it’s my favorite. I think it’s completely underrated as a fun thriller. Now Available!
Check out a complete list on movies and TV shows leaving Netflix online streaming in February below:
Blackadder (Seasons 1-4)
A View to a Kill
Apocalypse Now Redux
Babes in Toyland
Batman & Robin
Cocoon: The Return
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Fawlty Towers (Seasons 1-2)
For Your Eyes Only
From Russia With Love
Hotel Babylon (Seasons 1-4)
Live and Let Die
MI-5 (Seasons 1-10)
Never Say Never Again
Red Dwarf (Seasons 1-9)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie
Jem and the Holograms (Seasons 1-3)
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Seasons 1-4)
Pound Puppies (Seasons 1-3)
Transformers Prime (Seasons 1-3)
Transformers: Rescue Bots