If you saw my SNICK article you no doubt have
It was reported today that longtime voice actor and legendary comedic actor Harry Shearer will be leaving The Simpsons over a contract and salary dispute. Harry Shearer voiced a large number of character from The Simpsons over the last 26 years, so here are 12 of the most iconic.
1. Mr. Burns. The iconic Springfield millionaire and power plant owner started off a menacing figure on The Simpsons, but eventually turned into a lovable old scamp that sometimes gets into money fights with his personal assistant.
2. Waylon Smithers, Jr. Mr. Burns’ personal assistant is loyal and devoted to the stogie millionaire. It’s ambiguous if the character is gay or straight, but it’s pretty clear if you pay attention to the show.
3. Jasper Beardly. Grampa Simpson’s best friend, Jasper Beardly is not afraid to paddle children for talking out of line.
4. Otto. Springfield Elementary’s bus driver, his name is Otto and he loves to get blotto.
5. Lenny Leonard. One half of the nuclear power plants power couple, Lenny Leonard is known for having a diamond in one of his teeth.
6. Rainier Wolfcastle. He’s Springfield’s Arnold Schwarzenegger counterpart who played the fake movie character McBain.
7. Dr. Julius Hibbert. Springfield’s resident good doctor.
8. Kent Brockman. Springfield’s Channel 6 news anchor. He’ll easily give up on humanity and welcome Earth’s new incest overloads.
9. Reverend Timothy Lovejoy. The pastor at The First Church of Springfield.
10. Ned Flanders. The Simpson’s next door neighbor and Homer Simpson’s chief rival.
11. Principal Skinner. Born Armin Tamzarian, Springfield Elementary’s head principal became Seymour Skinner when he assumed his commander’s identity after the Vietnam War.
12. God. Yup, Harry Shearer was also the voice of God on The Simpsons. I wonder if God will appear on the show from now on.