The attractions make big boasts that their modest contents don’t
Although there are many families of actors in Hollywood such as the Coppolas, Douglases, and Sheen-Estevez Family, there are others actors and celebrities that are so obviously related, either through blood or marriage. Here are 12 examples.
- Jenny McCarthy & Melissa McCarthy. Jenny McCarthy and Melissa McCarthy are first cousins. When Melissa McCarthy won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for Mike & Molly in 2011, Jenny McCarthy tweeted: “Congrats to my cousin melissa mccarthy on her Emmy win!!”
- Jake Gyllenhaal & Peter Sarsgaard. Peter Sarsgaard is married to Jake Gyllenhall’s older sister Maggie Gyllenhall. The pair have been brothers-in-law since 2009.
- Julia Roberts & Emma Roberts. Julia Roberts and Emma Roberts are aunt and niece. Julia’s older brother Eric Roberts, who is also an actor, is Emma’s father. I guess acting in movies runs in the family.
- Warren Beatty & Shirley MacLaine. Shirley MacLaine’s full name is Shirley MacLean Beaty and is Warren Beatty’s, who was born Henry Warren Beaty, older sister. Shirley MacLaine and Warren Beatty changed her names professionally.
- Snoop Dogg & Brandy. Rapper Snoop Dogg and R&B singer Brandy are first cousin, both from Los Angeles, CA. R&B singer Ray J is also first cousins with Snoop Dogg because he is Brandy’s brother.
- Matt Damon & Ben Affleck. While Matt Damon and Ben Affleck were childhood friends and creative collaborators, they’re also distantly related. Damon and Affleck are tenth cousins, once removed, according to New England Genealogical Society. They share a common ancestor in William Knowlton Jr., a bricklayer from England, who came to the United States in 1630. Barack Obama and Princess Diana are also distant relatives of William Knowlton Jr.