The Little Ice Age spanned the early 14th and late
If you’ve ever been arrested for something, chances are, you knew why. Here are some really strange things from all over the world that might land you in the slammer.
1. Denmark: According to section 110(e) of the Danish penal code it’s illegal to burn foreign flags, but it is not illegal to burn the Danish flag. This is because Parliament decided that burning other countries’ flags would be a matter of foreign policy, and it could be considered a threat.
2. France, Germany, and Switzerland: Rightly so, it is illegal to deny that the holocaust happened.
3. North Korea: Blue jeans are illegal because they are a symbol of American imperialism.
4. United States: According to the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, it’s illegal to use a fake name on the Internet.
5. Ukraine: Regular porn is illegal. Porn used for medical reasons…not so much.
6. India: It is illegal for doctors to determine the gender of a fetus because of high incidences of female abortions.
7. United Kingdom: As a student myself, I can agree to this one. Unpaid Internships are illegal because “they don’t comply with national minimum wage legislation.”
8. Japan: At the end of 2010, dancing in night clubs became illegal.
9. Canada: Pre-employment as well as random drug tests are illegal.
10. Germany: Don’t run out of gas on the Autobahn because it’s illegal.
11. Switzerland: It’s illegal to keep one lone guinea pigs because the animals are sociable and need each other’s company. I wonder if there are gender requirements?