When a comic has been running long enough (or even
Even famous people had to start somewhere and everyone has to work from the bottom to the top. Here are 11 celebrities who started out as interns.
1. Mindy Kaling. She did an internship with Late Night With Conan O’Brien on NBC in 1999. Other celebrities who interned for Conan O’Brien were John Krasinski and Ellie Kemper, all of whom were on The Office.
2. Patrick Ewing. He did an internship for the Senate Finance Committee in 1983. Ewing later was the #1 draft pick in the NBA Draft in 1985.
3. Kanye West. While he’s most known as a rapper, Kayne West is also a fashion icon. He did an internship for both Louis Vuitton and Fendi.
4. Steven Spielberg. When he was 17 years old, Steve Spielberg did an “internship” at Universal Pictures, where he met directors, writers, and producers that help him make his first short film.
5. Conan O’Brien. He did an internship for Barney Frank at the House of Representatives before he got into comedy. It’s interesting to to think if Conan O’Brien went into politics instead of comedy.
6. Tom Hanks. He did an internship with the Great Lakes Theater Festival in Cleveland, Ohio before getting a full-time job with the company. Tom Hanks worked in Cleveland for three years.
7. Oprah Winfrey. She interned at WLAC-TV, a CBS affiliate in Nashville, before she eventually landed a job as a news anchor.
8. Sean Combs. While studying at Howard University in Washington D.C., Sean Combs did an internship with Uptown Records in New York City. He got the job through rapper Heavy D.
9. Chloe Sevigny. She did a summer internship with Sassy Magazine in New York City.
10. Bill Gates. He worked as a Congressional page in Washington D.C. before he started to get into computers at age 17.
11. Steve Jobs. He had a summer internship with Hewlett-Packard. While interning, Steve Jobs obtains computer parts to start Apple and it’s where he met Steve Wozniak.